Help and support for a child

Usually schools i.e. Head Teachers, Special Needs Co-Ordinators, Learning Mentors contact us about making a referral for a child but other Family Support Workers and Integrated Prevention and Earliest Help (IPEH) make referrals too, as do School Nurses and Social Workers. When we receive a referral, a home visit to the parents or carers is arranged by us. The parent or main carer must consent to their child being supported. We cannot support a child without parental or main carer consent.

Time 4 Children is passionate in their belief, that supporting children early enough when they are struggling with emotional upset in their lives can help prevent more serious mental health problems later on.